Columbia’s Facet 45 OutDry Shoe Looks Fitting For Indoor & Outdoor Airsoft Games
22 Sep 2020
If you are looking for speed when airsoft games, whether indoor or outdoor, you might want to look at some sneaker-inspired boots. For some they look at trail running shoes though they just recoil at some of these being in bright colors and prefer them to be in more subdued colors that we prefer so they can be “tactical” enough to use.
I have been looking into the Men's Facet 45 OutDry Shoe from Columbia, a well-known outdoor gear brand, and what caught my attention is its waterproofing and ballistic nylon. While it looks more ready for urban terrain it also trail running shoe. The waterproofing is courtesy of Columbia’s OutDry breathable construction with tough ballistic textile, and stitch-free, welded overlays. The integrated lacing and a knit collar provide a dynamic fit.
Here is the features Columbia listed that you can go over to evaluate if it is something that you can use for airsoft:
- Ballistic textile upper with welded overlays and knit collar for sock like fit
- OutDry breathable waterproof construction
- HGS heel stabilizing system for optimal performance on the trail
- Kinetic Lacing System integrated lacing system intended to adapt with your foot while providing a secure fit
- Techlite lightweight midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return
- FluidFrame technology is co-molded with Techlite™ foam to deliver mid foot support
- Aggressive outsole lug design for optimal traction, debris release, and grip
- Omni-Grip non-marking traction rubber
If you want a high speed, low drag airsoft loadout, then having a sturdy trail running shoe that you can also use for indoor CQB and urban airsoft events is a consideration, and then the Columbia’s Facet 45 OutDry Shoe is indeed a viable footwear. Its futuristic look might not be something to the taste of those who still prefer the look of combat boots.
It retails for US$150 with the limited edition version for US$160. Just make sure you choose the Black, Dark Grey rather than colorful Bright Red, Black or Autumn Orange, Cobalt Blue models so you can remain stealthy.